OUr client is is a Japanese multinational automotive manufacturer headquartered.
The candidate will report directly to Division General Manager, North Asia Division. Based in Tokyo, this executive will be instrumental in further developing the brand in different Chinese markets (China, Taiwan & Hong-Kong). While the product growth plan is in place, this executive will aim to exceed the target set for the region and increase market share. The General Manager (GM) must confidently be able to navigate effectively in Chinese speaking markets.
The GM will be fully responsible for the brand's P&L in the Chinese region (most likely in charge of China or Taiwan). He or she will work for the growth of the top line revenue, the increase of market share and volume and ensure the targeted profitability.
The GM will further establish and reposition the brand as an attractive brand in the competitive Chinese car market and increase brand awareness. This individual needs to develop a high performance dealer network in the Chinese region. Together with his team, he/she will be engaged in defining and deploying the strategy related to its network of retailers with the important objective to revitalize and aggressively develop the Chinese region dealer network.
Importantly, the GM will have to further develop existing members as a high caliber team (Production, Sales, After Sales, Marketing, Customer Quality and Dealer Network Development, Communications, Finance and the rest of his support functions), getting the team to act as one, and essentially driving continuity in a business that has seen quite a few changes in leadership.
MAIN TASKS & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assume full P&L responsibility for the brand in the different Chinese markets (China, Taiwan & Hong-Kong).
- Develop and deploy a business plan for the brand that includes immediate and long-term sales projections, dealer development and market representation actions, competitive pricing trends and analysis, a staffing review, and an analysis of costs that includes administrative, quality of management and human resource management targets.
- Provide leadership and vision to the brand to achieve volume growth (from 150.000 vehicles in 2018 to 250.000 vehicles in 2020 for Chinese market and from 25.000 cars to 30.000 cars for Taiwanese market) and develop the associated plans to get there.
- Improve the overall brand image and position of the brand in the market so as to increase price realization and margins. Develop a pricing structure that ensures profitability and premium positioning.
- Enhance and develop a high performance, profitable, retail network that drives the brand and sales, and creates a CRM strategy that incorporates continuous improvement.
- Identify, develop, and execute new Dealer Network, Aftersales, Sales and Marketing strategies to drive growth.
- Build a high-caliber team to exceed the goals by demonstrating leadership and acting as a role model.
PLACE OF WORK:
- Tokyo. Travelling required (approx. 30% of working time).
- Expect assignment in China in the future. The candidate should be mobile internationally
An automotive professional, with strong experience in production/sales/finance/after-sales in automotive industry, with positive experience in a similar position in China, with both operational and functional experience and having good "business profile". Due to the diversity and the complexity of the organization, a strong structured leadership is mandatory as well as a strategic vision and political skills (due to the company's links with JV partners in different markets).
- Further education of University (business if possible) or engineer school, Master Degree.
- Significant experience of minimum 10 years in production/sales positions job in car manufacturer/distribution company in China. (or in other markets, if the person has equivalent level of ability to work in China business culture)
- Strong management experience.
- A key requirement will be the ability to manage change with respect to:
1. Team management (especially can motivate people)
3. Selling the vision.
- Accurate and detailed orientation. Driving for results.
- Already worked for a Japanese company or with Japanese management
- Fluent business English & Chinese (and ideally Japanese) will be required as management's day-to-day working language.
- High level of intelligence and skills: both pragmatic and strategic.
- Capable of making logical opinion, report and explanation.
- Talented to be a leader of the team, making the most appropriate decision and realise the project, reach the target.
- Excellent presentation, communication and management skills.
- Capable of taking his responsibility for the result of his own decision.
- Strong business sense and customer minded.
- Well organised, hard worker, autonomous but not independent.
- Ability to work in a Japanese company and international environment.
- Proactive, self-starter used to fast deadlines, good in time management.
- Loyal to the company.
- Flexible, autonomous but teamwork oriented.
- Passionate, constructive, and flexible.
- Able to defend ideas in positive, constructive manner set priorities and limits.
- Knowledgeable, trustworthy.
Fonction : GM CHINESE MARKETS
Secteur : Constructeur automobile
Lieu : TOKYO